A unique opportunity to make a difference – leading day to day operations in a charity dedicated to improving the life chances of children and young people.
As the Play Service Manager, you will directly lead the operations of all Oasisplay sites and provide inspiring and enthusiastic leadership, coaching and mentoring to your dedicated team. You will be expected to provide ‘hands on’ support during busy times and be responsible for the excellent financial management and administration of all the projects.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
To manage all operations at Oasisplay through the site and project managers, ensuring that high quality and inclusive play and youth activities are delivered to children, young people and families at all sites.
To ensure that the services are continually developed to reflect the changing needs of the community, to monitor and report on the operations to stakeholders, and to support and encourage community engagement on all projects and sites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, develop, manage, appraise, coach and mentor all site and project managers and assist them in their staff management.
- Maintain staff records for direct reports and ensure managers also maintain theirs, including hours worked, appraisals and reviews, health and safety records etc.
- Support the development of each project/site, ensuring that all developments are responsive to need, are child/community led and in line with the Oasisplay strategic plan.
- Consult with senior colleagues and the Director over any changes to established ways of working and over any proposed new activities.
- Encourage and support the development of income generating activities that contribute to the financial sustainability of each project or site.
- Ensure the engagement and involvement of disabled and non-disabled children and all young people in the development of all projects.
- Keep up to date with and implement new legislation and ‘best practice’ recommendations.
- Support the maintenance and development of facilities.
- Work directly with disabled and non-disabled children and young people as required to develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the users and the activities. Support project managers to liaise closely with users, parents and carers and others over the user’s needs, aspirations and wellbeing.
- Ensure that accurate data of users is recorded by each project ( in line with GDPR and safeguarding measures) through use of the database and other means as necessary.
- Promote Oasis services to new users and their families
Policies and code of practice
- Act as designated Lead Safeguarding Officer for Oasisplay. Maintain and disseminate Oasis’s agreed policies and Code of Practice, and propose any changes to these to the Director.
- Ensure that all services operate within Oasisplay policy guidelines including Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity and Inclusion
Administration and financial control
- Ensure that the general administration and financial control of the Play and Youth activities team is run efficiently.
- Provide the Management Committee with regular reports in the agreed form
- With other senior staff and project managers, plan and manage special events both at the projects and off site.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of all aspects of the projects in line with organisational quality initiatives and the needs of relevant external bodies.
- In collaboration with the Inclusion and Access Lead, ensure that all promotion and sharing of information related to services is coordinated, cohesive and accessible.
- Contribute towards fundraising activity when necessary and lead on initiatives that support inclusive play services at Oasisplay.
- Represent Oasis to the public, external stakeholders and interested parties as required.
- This job will require an enhanced CRB disclosure.
- Candidates must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Education, Qualification and Experience
- Significant successful experience of playwork and of working with disabled and non disabled children and families in an adventure playground, child centred play setting or youth work setting.
- A recognised qualification in playwork, childcare, education or a related field OR qualified by substantial successful experience and recognition of that via promotions.
- Successful management of others, including their appraisal, development, coaching and mentoring.
- Successful management of local authority children’s play service.
Competences, Behaviours and Skills
- Experience of developing/managing arts and or environmental sustainability programmes
- Good communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrable and evidenced ability to lead a team – able to develop and manage people and work well with the senior management team.
- Good administration skills including IT, HR, health and safety of the Play and Youth activities team.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills with both managers, staff, and users and stakeholders.
- A good understanding of Safeguarding policy, procedures and practice.
- A strong commitment to inclusive play, and to the continuing need to address social inequalities and a thorough understanding of children’s differing needs and abilities.
- Able to work unsocial hours when the need arises.
Oasisplay is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from disabled people. Please get in touch if you have any support or communication needs you would like to discuss with us.
Full Time 10-6pm – 35hrs p/w Tuesday – Saturday during term time, Monday – Friday in school holidays
Please download an application pack from our website www.oasisplay.org.uk or contact HR@oasisplay.org.uk for an application pack. Please make sure you read the full job description and ensure your application shows how you meet our specification.
Closing date: Monday 4th October 2021 at 09:00am. Interviews: TBC. Start date: ASAP