Part time – 21hrs per week – Flexible days £19,800 actual salary
We are looking to appoint a dynamic Family Support Manager to join the Oasis team. The successful candidate will be a skilled practitioner, with experience of leading on the delivery of innovative and evidence-based services that put children and their families at the centre.
- To help improve the lives of families who access Oasisplay by providing a high quality, inclusive, family support service.
- Ensure that children, young people and families are effectively supported through appropriate access to information, advice and guidance.
- Provide opportunities for families to grow, learn and support each other.
- Represent Oasisplay to the public, external stakeholders and interested parties as required.
- Keep up to date with and implement new legislation and ‘best practice’ recommendations.
- Support the maintenance of facilities.
- Consult with senior staff over any changes to established ways of working and over any proposed new activities.
- Identify and implement the training needs of team, and advise on wider organisation training needs to increase family support skills across the staff team.
- Support and lead when necessary the recruitment of new staff.
- Off-site trips and visits for family groups
- Ensure these are thoroughly planned and efficiently and safely run.
- Develop, organise and deliver a range of family support activities across the four Oasisplay sites in agreement with the senior management team and the Director.
- Liaise closely with children, young people, parents and carers and others when families require support either on an every day or crisis basis, with the aim of improving the wellbeing of all involved.
- Manage the referrals and assessment of families, liaising with external organisations as necessary.
- Provide signposting and 1:1 family support as necessary.
- Refer children and young people to the Mentor team as appropriate.
- Promote the Family Support service to new users and their families
- Policies and Code of Practice
- Maintain and disseminate Oasis’s agreed policies and Code of Practice, and propose any changes to these to the Director.
- Administration and financial control
- Ensure that the general administration and financial control of the Family Support Programme efficiently.
- Record, track and report on Family Support activities each month.
- Provide the Management Committee with regular reports in the agreed form
- With other senior staff, plan and manage special events both at the projects and off site.
- Contribute towards fundraising activity when necessary and lead on initiatives that support family services at Oasis.
- Significant experience of supporting the needs of families with children of all ages and abililities. A thorough understanding of the common difficulties that families experience. ( ESSENTIAL)
- An ability to communicate effectively with families from different backgrounds, who have different experiences, interests and abilities.( ESSENTIAL)
- A recognised qualification in family support, childcare, social work or a related field or willingness to work towards one.
- A commitment to family support and inclusive play, and to the continuing need to address social inequalities
- The capacity to work collaboratively with other project managers across the four Oasisplay sites to provide support and advice when neccesary..
- Ability to manage the administration, IT, HR, health and safety of the OIP team and undertake direct work with disabled children and young people.
- Effective presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to work unsocial hours when the need arises
- Full driving licence (DESIRABLE).
Closing date: Wednesday 13th October 2021 at 23:59hrs, Interviews will be held on 18th October 2021. Start date: ASAP