Full time post Tuesday – Saturday 10-6pm Term time (Monday – Friday Holidays) 35hrs per week £33,000p/a
We are looking to appoint an experienced Short Breaks Manager to join the Oasisplay team to lead on the overall delivery of inclusive short breaks for disabled children and young people! Please refer to the job description and apply today!
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE • To provide a high quality, holistic and seamless inclusive, play service which is delivered across all Oasisplay’s projects for disabled children and young people. Ensure that children are effectively supported and that the service is run safely and that all appropriate risk assessments are completed. Promote inclusion and disability awareness across the organisation and collaboratively work with other partners to provide support, advice and guidance to service users and their families.
1. Significant experience of playwork and of working with disabled children and their families. (Essential)
2. Experience of understanding and identifying the needs of disabled children and planning support to meet their needs. (Essential)
3. A recognised qualification in playwork, childcare, a related field or willingness to work towards one. (Essential)
4. Experience of working in a multi agency environment e.g. health, social care, education or third sector organisations. (Essential)
5. A commitment to inclusive play, and to the continuing need to address social inequalities. (Essential)
6. The capacity to lead a team and work in partnership with Oasis project managers at each site. (Essential)
7. Ability to manage the administration, IT, HR, health and safety of the OIP team and undertake direct work with disabled children and young people. (Essential)
8. Effective communication and presentaion skills both verbal and written, providing clear information, advice and guidance to members of the public (Essential)
9. Proficient use of Information technology – Good working knowledge of MS outlook, MS word and Excel packages. (Essential)
10. Ability to priortise workload and manage time efficiently. (Essential)
11. Willingness to work unsocial hours when the need arises. (Essential)
12. Full driving licence (Desirable).
Closing date: 11:59hrs Sunday 26th September 2021
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 29th September 2021. Start date: ASAP